By Garry L. Hagberg,Walter Jost
- Helpfully teams essays into the field's major sub-categories, between them ‘Relations among Philosophy and Literature’, ‘Emotional Engagement and the adventure of Reading’, ‘Literature and the ethical Life’, and ‘Literary Language’
- Offers a mixture of analytical precision and literary richness
- Represents an unheard of paintings of reference for college students and experts alike, perfect for direction use
Read or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Literature PDF
Similar aesthetics books
Is Kant quite the 'bourgeois' thinker that his advocates and competitors take him to be? during this daring and unique re-thinking of Kant, Michael Wayne argues that together with his aesthetic flip within the 3rd Critique, Kant broke considerably from the frustrating philosophical constitution of the Critique of natural cause.
This assortment is the 1st prolonged research of the relation among time and reminiscence in Maurice Merleau-Ponty’s idea as an entire in addition to the 1st to discover intensive the importance of his inspiration of establishment. It brings the French phenomenologist’s perspectives at the self and ontology into modern concentration.
The character of fiction has lengthy been debated around the humanities, and is of substantial significance for philosophical aesthetics, literary concept, narratology and the background of principles. This quantity deals whatever fullyyt new: a variety of multidisciplinary views on fiction written by way of a global staff of participants on the vanguard in their fields, delivering a spectrum of techniques to match and distinction.
Walter Benjamin and Theodor W. Adorno are thought of this day to be the 2 most vital early theorists in founding severe idea. of their works and correspondence, either thinkers flip to paintings and the classy as a necessary manner for realizing glossy society and constructing philosophical equipment. This quantity of unique essays seeks to appreciate how they motivated one another and disagreed with one another on basic questions on artwork and the cultured.
- The Invention of the Visible: The Image in Light of the Arts (Reinventing Critical Theory)
- Introduzione a Schiller (I filosofi) (Italian Edition)
- Artworld Metaphysics
- The Utopia of Film: Cinema and Its Futures in Godard, Kluge, and Tahimik (Film and Culture Series)
- L'Art et la tragédie du Beau (Æsthetica) (French Edition)
- Kant in Brazil (North American Kant Society Studies in Philosophy)
Additional info for A Companion to the Philosophy of Literature
A Companion to the Philosophy of Literature by Garry L. Hagberg,Walter Jost